Activities in Whitney
AMERICAN LEGION AND AUXILIARY
- Meets the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7pm, at Post #522 on FM 2604, 1.6 miles west of 933.
DAR - DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
- The Fort Graham Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) women's service organization pledges service to God, Home and Country.
- It focuses its activities on projects that promote education, service to the military and its veterans, and historic preservation.
- Meets the 2nd Saturday of the month in members' homes from 1:30-3:30.
- Contact Madeleine Lively at 694-3719 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
- Open to all veterans and spouses.
- Meets the 2nd Saturday of the month at the Thrift Store across from the Lake Whitney Public Library. Lunch is at noon, and the business meeting at 1pm.
- Contact 694-8855.
FOUR SEASONS SENIOR BRIDGE CLUB
- Meets on Thursdays.
- Call 694-2498 for more information.
FRIENDS OF LAKE WHITNEY
- Non-profit organization with the purpose of unifying information concerning Lake Whitney.
- Meets 4th Thursday of most months at 7pm, at the First Baptist Church of Laguna Park, in the annex building across the street from the church.
- Contact Jo Ann Mulhausen at 254-622-3449 or go to friendsoflakewhitney.org
GRIEF SUPPORT MEETING
- Grief Support Group for those who have lost a loved one or experienced any other loss.
- Meets last Tuesday of each month at 6pm, at 210 N. Bosque (Hwy 22) in Whitney.
- Call Providence Hospice at 694-6009 for more information.
LAKE WHITNEY AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY CLUB
- Non-profit organization, with a mission to serve the community and to encourage growth of the amateur radio hobby.
- Meets 3rd Saturday of the month at 10 am in the training room of the Whitney Fire Department in downtown Whitney.
- Contact Charles Young at 694-1451 or email@example.com or go to home.windstream.net/bobb/index.html
LAKE WHITNEY ARTS
- Organization founded to promote the arts.
- Sponsors plays, photo contests, art classes, and children's summer camps.
- Located at 500 S. Bosque (Hwy 22) in Whitney.
- Contact 694-5105 or firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.lakewhitneyarts.org
LAKE WHITNEY LIBRARY
- Open M-F 10-5, and Sa 9-1.
- Located at 106 N Colorado.
- Call 694-4639.
LAKE WHITNEY GARDEN CLUB
- Monthly meetings include speakers, road trips, and community projects.
- Meets 2nd Thursday of each month in various places.
- Contact Donna Hall at 694-6207 or watch the Lakelander for specifics on the next meeting.
- Beginners' class meets every Thursday at 6:30 at Whitney Church of the Nazarene, 1106 N Brazos.
- Intermediate class meets every Thursday at 7:30 at Whitney Church of the Nazarene, 1106 N Brazos.
- Cost for each class is $4.
- Advanced weekly classes also taught.
- Contact Joan Hibbler at 694-6208 or Gayle Bryant at 254-675-3329.
- Meets at noon on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at the club, located next to Lake Whitney Arts on Hwy 22.
LUCKY LADIES INVESTMENT CLUB
- Group of women who meet to discuss investment ideas. The club is limited to 25 members, and there is a minimum investment of $25 per month.
- Meets the 1st Monday of the month from 11 am - Noon, usually at Texas Great Country Cafe.
- Contact Carol Bond at 694-8941 or email@example.com or Gail Heinen at 694-7741 or firstname.lastname@example.org
US COAST GUARD FLOTILLA
- Meets the 3rd Saturday of the month at 9:30, at McCown Valley Community Center.
- Contact Kenneth Fulton at 694-1671.
WHITNEY AREA MINIATURE AIRCRAFT CLUB
- Group of people who fly radio controlled model airplanes locally.
- Meets the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm at Texas Great Country Cafe & Pie Pantry, but most come early to eat dinner before the meeting
- Contact Ron Williams at 694-9680 or go to www.wamac.org
MORE TO DO IN THE WHITNEY AREA
- The Texas Getaway Vacation website contains information on things to do in Hill & Bosque counties, including a Calendar of Events.
- The Lake Whitney Area Chamber of Commerce website has a section for History Buffs that includes numerous interesting items about the area.
Back to the Main Activities page for more things to do
Last updated on April 16, 2012